Are you interested in learning about sexual health?
Comfortable discussing sensitive issues such as contraception, STIs, and sexuality?
You may have what it takes to be a SHARC Educator.
If you would like to interview for SHARC, please fill out this short google form and follow the link to a Doodle poll on the form to pick an interview time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive training in contraception, STIs, relationships, and sexuality. Although some of this may be medical information, this knowledge is relevant for everyone, regardless of sexual background, orientation, and perceptions.
- Public speaking experience. You can do anything after you’ve learned to handle Woody the Wooden Penis.
- Access to peer education resources, including fellow peer educators and UHS staff.
Full time Harvard College students are invited email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries. You can also fill out the form below. We conduct interviews at the end of the spring semester, and information about signing up for an interview will be disseminated after Spring Break. See above for our short application.
- RELAX. RELAX. RELAX. It’s just a conversation so that we can get to know you and you can get to know us.
- The interview will involve some regular interview questions (like why do you want to be a SHARC educator?), a condom demo, and a roleplay. We will perform the condom demo for you and then you will repeat it back to us. We don't expect you to have it memorized, and it's ok if you miss a few steps! We are looking for how well you can handle the language we use and your public speaking skills. For the roleplay, we will pretend to be a student and ask a few questions. You will be able to peruse our manual for the information needed to answer these questions.
Finally, do not stress if you are not elected a SHARC Educator: we welcome people to reinterview the following year! Each year will vary in terms of how many new SHARCs we can take, and we are proud to see the strong commitment to sexual health and well-being exhibited by all who interview.